Ally Bank offers high interest rates on their savings as well as offering interest on their checking and CD account options.
There’s no minimum deposits or service fees on their banking products.
Not to mention, they offer more checking options compared to other competitors.
Continue reading below to see a side-by-side comparison between the two banks, so you can see which one offers the services you need the most.
See our best bank bonuses updated daily to earn up to $1,000 in free money. Find popular checking offers such as Chase Bank, HSBC Bank, TD Bank, Huntington Bank, BBVA, Discover Bank, and CIT Bank. See our best rates for Savings and CD too.
|Chase Private Client $2,000 Bonus||Chase Business Complete BankingSM $300 Bonus|
|Chase Total Checking® $200 Bonus||Chase SavingsSM $150 Bonus|
|HSBC Premier Checking $450 Bonus||HSBC Premier Checking Up To $600|
|HSBC Advance Checking $200 Bonus||HSBC Advance Checking Up To $240|
|TD Bank Premier Checking $300 Bonus||TD Bank Convenience Checking $150 Bonus|
|Huntington 25 Checking $500 Bonus||Huntington Business Checking 100 $200 Bonus|
|Huntington Unlimited Business Checking $400 Bonus||Huntington Unlimited Plus Business Checking $750 Bonus|
|Axos Basic Business Checking $100 Bonus||Aspiration Spend & Save Account $100 Bonus|
|Ally Invest Up To $3,500 Bonus|
|Locations||1300 locations along the east cost (Locator)||Branches in Several States (Locator)|
|ATMs||1,300 ATMs throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida||Chase ATMs nationwide|
|Pros||-Extended banking hours
-Low requirements to waive monthly fees
-No foreign transaction fees
|-Branches in many states
-New customer coupons
-Full service banking
|Cons||-No free checking
-Only on East Coast
|-Low interest rates
-Not available in all states
|Bottom Line||Ally Bank is an online only based banking that offers full service with the most competitive rates.||Chase is a good choice if you’re looking for a bank with full range of service|
Chase Bank Promotions
• Enjoy a $150 bonus when you open a new Chase SavingsSM account, deposit a total of $10,000 or more in new money within 20 business days, and maintain a $10,000 balance for 90 days
• Access to 16,000 Chase ATMs and nearly 4,900 branches
• Link this account to your Chase checking account for Overdraft Protection.
• Chase Mobile® app – Manage your accounts, deposit checks, transfer money and more — all from your device.
• Open your account online now.
• Available online nationwide except in Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico. For branch locations, visit locator.chase.com.
• Enjoy a $2,000 bonus when you join Chase Private Client. Within 45 days, transfer a total of $250,000 or more in qualifying new money or securities to a combination of eligible checking, savings and/or investment accounts, (excludes: any You InvestSM, J.P. Morgan retirement accounts and CDs) and maintain the balance for at least 90 days. Offer available to existing Chase customers only.
• Experience a banking relationship that brings you more
• A team dedicated to you
• Banking with fewer fees
• Visit your nearest CPC branch
• Email my upgrade code
• Available in: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, IA, ID, IL, IN, KY, LA, MA, MD, MI, MS, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI, WV
Compare to Other Banks
- Ally Bank vs Bank of America
- Ally Bank vs Wealthfront
- Ally Bank vs Capital One
- Ally Bank vs Marcus by Goldman Sachs
- Ally Bank vs Axos Bank
- Ally Bank vs CIT Bank
- Ally Bank vs Discover Bank
- TD Bank vs Ally Bank
- Chase vs Bank of America
- Chase vs Fifth Third Bank
- Chase vs Wells Fargo
- Chase vs US Bank
- Chase vs CIT Bank
- Chase vs PNC Bank
- Chase vs TD Bank
- Discover Bank vs Chase
Which Bank is Better: Ally Bank or Chase?
- Ally Bank offers good interest rates and no account minimum or service fees.
- Chase is a good choice if you’re looking for a bank with full range of services, physical locations, lots of ATMS, and good mobile banking.
More on Ally:
- How To Open an Ally Bank Account
- What Are Ally Bank’s Hours?
- How To Find and Use Your Ally Bank Login
- Ally Bank Routing Number
More on Chase:
- What Are Chase Bank’s Hours?
- How To Find and Use Your Chase Bank Login
- What Do You Need to Open a Chase Bank Account?
- How To Order Checks via Chase: Online, Vendor Site or by Phone
- How to Set Up Chase Online Bill Pay
- How to Stop Payment for a Chase Check
- Chase Business Routing Number
- Chase Bank Review
- What Do I Need to Get a Chase Credit Card
- How To Check Chase Credit Card Application Status
- Chase Travel Notification: How To Set Up Travel Alerts
- How To Increase Your Chase Credit Limit
|Chase Business Complete BankingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Private Client||$2,000 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase SavingsSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$450 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||Up To $600||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||$200 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||Up To $240||Review|
|Huntington 25 Checking||$500 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|
|Axos Bank Basic Business Checking||$100 Cash||Review|
|Aspiration Spend & Save Account||$100 Cash||Review|
|American Express High Yield Savings||0.60% APY||Review|
|Simple||Up to 0.60% APY||Review|
|CIT Bank Money Market||0.50% APY||Review|
|Ally Invest||Up to $3,500 Cash||Review|