Now is the best time to apply for a Discover card to earn the extra double cashback your first year! You may want to use my referral link below in order to get $50 bonus after first purchase. However, since Discover will double your bonus within the first year, you will end up with $100 bonus!
Important: It doesn’t show the $50 bonus at the application page, but rest assured, you will get the $100 bonus since it’s a referral link. You can ask them during activation of your card to confirm about the $50 bonus after first purchase, then double it at the end of the year to $100 bonus.
One of the most competitive industry in the world, credit card companies are constantly trying to one up each other by offering better rates and features. The Discover it® – Double Cash Back your first year is the newly revamped cash back credit card by Discover Financial that offers 12 months 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers, 5% Cashback Bonus in rotational categories. From July 1st to September 30, 2015, you will get 5% cash back for Home Improvement Stores, Department Stores, and Amazon.com on up to $1,500. And 1% cash back on all other purchases. Other features will be included, but I will review those four main features above. Discover It card aims to be the most consumer-friendly card on the market with absolutely no annual fee. Click “Apply” to see rates, rewards, and free FICO® Credit Score terms and other information. Find all the best Discover Bank Bonuses!
12 Months 0% APR on Purchases
Imagine having this card to use for 12 months without paying any interest on all your purchases. After that you will have to pay the regular APR, which is between 10.99% – 22.99% depending on your credit score. This is a good deal for those thinking purchasing a big ticket item and having 14 months to pay it off interest-free. Keep in mind you still need to pay the minimum amount on your monthly statement.
12 Months 0% APR on Balance Transfers
You will also get 0% introductory APR on all balance transfers for 12 months. Those with high-interest balances on other credit cards, I recommend to take advantage of the intro 0% balance transfer promotion. Even though you pay zero interest on your transferred balance for 12 months, there is a balance transfer fee of 3%. After the 12 months, your APR will be 10.99% – 22.99%, depending on your credit score. Be sure to plan out to pay off your balances at the end of your 12th month so that you won’t incur the higher non-promotional interest rates.
5% Cash Back Rewards Categories
Another attractive benefit is the 5% cash back in select categories such as gas, travel, restaurants, etc, which change throughout the year. You’ll get 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in purchases for each quarter. Anything over the set amount will automatically earn 1%. However, you must sign up either online or through the phone. Here are the Cashback quarterly categories for this 2015 calendar year.
5%-20% ShopDiscover Cash Back
Discover is the undisputed winner of online shopping portals for all major issuers. With the Discover It Card, you have access to ShopDiscover with over 200 online retailers and earn 5% to 20% cash back. They have the highest cash back from major retailers such as Sears, Walmart, Target, Groupon, and many more.
Discover It Card Features
- 0% intro APR on purchases & balance transfers for 12 months-then a variable purchase APR applies, currently 10.99% – 22.99%. A 3% fee applies to each transferred balance.
- Exclusive offer: Double all the cash back you’ve earned at the end of your 1st year-automatically.*
- 5% cash back in categories that change each quarter like gas, restaurants and more-up to the quarterly maximum when you sign up.* 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- New Freeze It(SM) on/off switch lets you prevent new purchases, cash advances & balance transfers on misplaced cards in seconds by mobile app & online.*
- Free FICO® Credit Score on statements, online & by mobile app.* And 100% U.S.-based service any time.
- No annual fee. No overlimit fee. No foreign transaction fee. No late fee on first late payment & paying late won’t raise your APR.*
- Each Discover purchase is monitored. If it’s unusual, you’re alerted by e-mail, phone or text and never responsible for unauthorized purchases on your Discover card.
- *See rates, rewards, free FICO® Credit Score terms & other info by clicking “Apply.”
Discover it® – Double Cash Back your first year is rolling out all these features and benefits that consumers actually want in a credit card. They are hoping for Discover It cardholders to be long term users. They are responding to our needs with popular features such as no late fee for the first late payment, no interest rate increased due to a late payment, 14 months of balance transfers and purchases, 1% cash back for all purchases, and 5% cash back for rotating categories. No longer will you experienced the frustration of calling a customer service hotline that you can barely understand with their 100 percent US-based support staff. With no annual fee and a generous cash back rewards program, I personally give the Discover It Card a 5 Stars rating and highly recommend for all my readers to sign up.