While American Express is an advertising partner of HustlerMoneyBlog, the opinions and beliefs in this article are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by the issuer.
15,000 Membership Rewards Bonus Points
The Amex EveryDay® Preferred Credit Card offers 15,000 Membership Rewards bonus points after spending $1,000 within the first 3 months of card membership. Although there are other cards that offer a larger bonus, 15,000 Membership Rewards bonus points is still a decent, gratifying bonus and is suitable with all that is included in this card like the chance to earn 50% additional reward points, 0% introductory APR, and premier benefits.
Earn 50% Additional Bonus Points
The Amex EveryDay® Preferred Credit Card generously rewards for everyday purchases. Earn 50% additional points when you use your card 30 or more times on purchases in a billing cycle less returns and credits. That’s a total of 4.5 points at supermarkets, 3 points at gas stations, and 2 points on other purchases. Reach both the $6,000 spending limit maximum at supermarkets and the 30 card usages a month and you’ll earn, just in that category alone, a total of 27,000 points (4.5 x $6,000). Use the American Express mobile app to automatically track your spending and how many times you’ve used your card so that do not miss out on the extra 50% bonus points.
- Earn 3 Points for every $1 in purchases at U.S. supermarkets, up to $6,000 per year, and then 1 point after.
- Earn 2 Points for every $1 in purchases at U.S. gas stations.
- Earn 1 Point for every $1 on other purchases.
Redeem For Incredible Rewards
The Amex EveryDay® Preferred Credit Card earns you Membership Rewards points and can be redeemed for incredible rewards including travel, entertainment, shopping and is flexible enough that you can transfer to travel program partners or get credit towards your monthly statements. American Express’s Membership Rewards program is one of the most sought after rewards program because of its flexibility and value.
- Transfer – Redeem Membership Reward points for maximum value by transferring to partner airline or hotel loyalty reward programs mostly at 1 to 1 ratio or even greater. Although point value varies with each transfer partner and specific reward, they can be worth as much as 2 cents each or more if you weigh your options and do the comparisons. There are 16 airline and 4 hotel partners you can transfer to but partners that have proven to return more point value include British Airways, ANA, Singapore Krisflyer, AirFrance/KLM, and Choice Hotels.
- Travel – Your Membership Reward points are worth as much as 1 cent per point when redeeming for flights, hotel, cruises, and vacation packages through amextravel.com. The benefits of booking travel this way include no blackout dates, flexible seat selections, and earning frequent flyer miles. You can also choose to either pay all or only a portion with your points. When traveling, get special offers and use your points with Uber car ride services and Airbnb stays.
- Statement Credit – For your Membership Reward points, redeem for statement credits to cover eligible charges made on your card and reduce your monthly balance. Choose everyday charges made from grocery store and supermarkets, retail shops, and restaurants to name a few. A minimum of 1,000 points is required and can not be applied to fees and interest.
- Shop & Gift Cards – Shop for merchandise and entertainment through the Membership Rewards online shopping site with your points, or use your points for Amazon purchases by linking your card to your account to apply them at checkout. Redeem your points for hundreds in variety of gift cards that range from movie tickets to electronics and dining. Also have the option of getting eGift cards faster from popular retailers.
12 Months of 0% Intro APR
The Amex EveryDay® Preferred Credit Card includes 0% introductory APR on purchases and balance transfers for 12 months. It’s another fantastic reason why this card is in a class of its own. Pay no interest for an entire year on important purchases when major life moments happen. Better yet, save money by transferring high interest earning credit card balances. There is a balance transfer fee of either 3% of each balance transfer or $5, whichever is greater, so take that into consideration to ensure that you will be saving money with the AmEx EveryDay Preferred card.
Special Offers and More Benefits
Becoming an Amex EveryDay® Preferred Credit Card member makes you eligible for special and promotional offers and benefits. The $95 annual fee is definitely well worth it especially with sign-on and on-going bonus opportunities.
- Special Promotions and Offers are constantly available and are always rewarding if it appeals to you. The AmEx Offers program allows you to select current deals and save when you use your card and meet the minimum purchase amount. Meanwhile, the Membership Rewards program will routinely offer point transfer bonuses.
- Travel Benefits that come with your card will allow you to travel with peace of mind. Included are car rental loss and damage insurance, travel accident insurance, baggage insurance plan, and roadside assistance hotline.
- Purchase Benefits include extended warranty, purchase protection, and return protection. Eligible purchases made on your card will get this extra layer of protection.
Make It Your Primary Card
The Amex EveryDay® Preferred Credit Card is an excellent rewards card that can earn you plenty of Membership Reward points if you use it at least 30 purchases within the billing cycle especially at grocery stores and gas stations. It will benefit those who typically make meals at home and drive cars as opposed to those who dine out and take public transportation, ride a bike, or rely on taxis to get around. Completing 30 or more purchases on your card will earn you 50% additional points or as much as 4.5 points for every dollar, therefore, make it your primary card. Also get the opportunity to earn 15,000 Membership Rewards bonus points and 12 months of 0% intro APR as a new cardmember. Review our complete list of credit card bonus promotions.