Citibank only operates on 700 branches across the U.S. They offer credit cards and banking services, but their service fees and balance requirements are more on the higher side.
Not to mention, they offer more checking options compared to other competitors.
Continue reading below to see a side-by-side comparison between the two banks, so you can see which one offers the services you need the most.
See our best bank bonuses updated daily to earn up to $1,000 in free money. Find popular checking offers such as Chase Bank, HSBC Bank, TD Bank, Huntington Bank, BBVA, Discover Bank, and CIT Bank. See our best rates for Savings and CD too.
|Chase Business Checking $300 Bonus||Chase Private Client $2,000 Bonus|
|Chase Total Checking® $200 Bonus||Chase SavingsSM $150 Bonus|
|HSBC Premier Checking $450 Bonus||HSBC Premier Checking Up To $600|
|HSBC Advance Checking $200 Bonus||HSBC Advance Checking Up To $240|
|TD Bank Premier Checking $300 Bonus||TD Bank Convenience Checking $150 Bonus|
|Huntington 25 Checking $500 Bonus||Huntington 5 Checking $200 Bonus|
|Huntington Asterisk-Free Checking $150 Bonus||Huntington Unlimited Plus Business Checking $750 Bonus|
|Huntington Unlimited Business Checking $400 Bonus||Huntington Business Checking 100 $200 Bonus|
|Axos Basic Business Checking $100 Bonus||Aspiration Spend & Save Account $100 Bonus|
|Locations||700 Citibank branches across 13 states
(Mostly in California and New York)
|Branches in Several States (Locator)|
|ATMs||2400 ATMs across the country.
Also works at all MoneyPass ATMs
|Chase ATMs nationwide|
|Pros||-Perks for high balance customers
-Many fee-free ATMs
|-Branches in many states
-New customer coupons
-Full service banking
|Cons||-No free checking option
-Higher balance requirements
-Low savings APY
|-Low interest rates
– Not in all states
|Bottom Line||Citibank is more geared towards people who have high balances in their deposit account.||Chase is a good choice if you’re looking for a bank with full range of service|
Chase Bank Promotions
• Enjoy a $150 bonus when you open a new Chase SavingsSM account, deposit a total of $10,000 or more in new money within 20 business days, and maintain a $10,000 balance for 90 days
• Access to 16,000 Chase ATMs and nearly 4,900 branches
• Link this account to your Chase checking account for Overdraft Protection.
• Chase Mobile® app – Manage your accounts, deposit checks, transfer money and more — all from your device.
• Open your account online now.
• Available online nationwide except in Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico. For branch locations, visit locator.chase.com.
• Enjoy a $2,000 bonus when you join Chase Private Client. Within 45 days, transfer a total of $250,000 or more in qualifying new money or securities to a combination of eligible checking, savings and/or investment accounts, (excludes: any You InvestSM, J.P. Morgan retirement accounts and CDs) and maintain the balance for at least 90 days. Offer available to existing Chase customers only.
• Experience a banking relationship that brings you more
• A team dedicated to you
• Banking with fewer fees
• Visit your nearest CPC branch
• Email my upgrade code
• Available in: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, IA, ID, IL, IN, KY, LA, MA, MD, MI, MS, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI, WV
Compare to Other Banks
- Chase vs Bank of America
- Chase vs Fifth Third Bank
- Chase vs Wells Fargo
- Chase vs US Bank
- Chase vs CIT Bank
- Chase vs PNC Bank
- Chase vs TD Bank
- Discover Bank vs Chase
- Citibank vs Wells Fargo
- Citibank vs Bank of America
- Citibank vs US Bank
- HSBC Bank vs Citibank
- TD Bank vs Citibank
- Capital One vs Citibank
Which Bank is Better: Citibank or Chase?
- Citibank is different compared to other banks because they only offer a package of both checking and savings account when opening an account. Citi can be especially beneficial for those who travel or need access to a large ATM network.
- Chase is a good choice if you’re looking for a bank with full range of services, physical locations, lots of ATMS, and good mobile banking.
More on Chase Bank:
- What Are Chase Bank’s Hours?
- How To Find and Use Your Chase Bank Login
- What Do You Need to Open a Chase Bank Account?
- How To Order Checks via Chase: Online, Vendor Site or by Phone
- How to Set Up Chase Online Bill Pay
- How to Stop Payment for a Chase Check
- Chase Business Routing Number
- How to Stop Payment for a Chase Check
More on Citibank: