Edmonton State Bank offers a fair selection of account options. To find out if Edmonton State Bank is right for you, continue reading the review below.
They have a large selection of checking accounts but that’s their strongest product they can offer. You might have to contact them in terms of more options for savings accounts.
Checking Account Options
Edmonton State Bank offers a decent variety of checking accounts that are pretty straightforward.
Their checking accounts come with the standard features that most accounts have.
You can open this checking account with $100.
There is an $8 monthly fee, but you can waive it by keeping a daily balance of $1,000.
You can have the fee waived if you are under 25.
You will need $1,000 to open this interest bearing checking account.
If you maintain a daily balance of $1,000, you can waive the $8 monthly fee.
You will need yet again another $100 to open this account, but it bears interest.
There is a monthly fee of $8, but it can be waived by maintaining a daily balance of $1,000.
Another interest bearing account but you will need a minimum deposit of $1,000.
Waive the $8 monthly fee if you manage to maintain a daily balance of $1,000.
A senior checking account for those 62 and older and you can open it with $100.
There is also unfortunately a small, unavoidable monthly fee of $4 regardless of your account balance.
This seems to be a second chance checking account, but it still requires $100 as an opening deposit.
There is also a larger fee of $15 and it doesn’t seem waiveable.
Compare Checking Accounts
Savings Account Options
Edmonton State Bank only has one savings account that is pretty standard and doesn’t really offer much.
- Open this account with just $25
- There’s a $5 quarterly fee unless you keep a daily balance of $25
- The interest is compounded quarterly
Compare Savings Accounts
Open a Discover® Online Savings Account for all these features:
• Earn high interest rate of 4.30% APY
• No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and now no fees
• Interest on Discover Online Savings Accounts is compounded daily and credited monthly
• Manage your account online or with the Discover mobile app
• FDIC insurance up to $250,000
• See advertiser website for full details
With the American Express® High Yield Savings Account:
• Earn 4.35% APY as of 12/14/23 on your deposits. Your High Yield Savings account earns interest daily and is posted to your account monthly.
• Links easily with your current bank accounts. No need to switch banks.
• FDIC Insured. Your account is insured to at least $250,000 per depositor.
• 24/7 Account Access
Reasons to Bank with Edmonton State Bank
- Good ratio of checking to savings accounts.
- Offers two kinds of youth/student savings account.
- Has two different senior checking accounts.
- They have a senior checking account.
- They have a free checking account.
- Conduct all your banking online or through the Edmonton State Bank mobile app.
Reasons Not to Bank with Edmonton State Bank
- They are on located in Arkansas with only 13 total banks.
- Their second chance checking account still requires a monthly fee and it is unwaiveable.
- They could earn slightly higher interest rates on their savings accounts.
- No variety with their savings accounts.
- Lacking a youth checking or savings account.
Edmonton State Bank Routing Number
The routing number for Edmonton State Bank varies depending on state and regions. You can also check the lower left corner of your Edmonton State Bank check.
Contact Customer Service
Edmonton State Bank has a 24-hour service line and you can reach it at 270-659-3541.
You can also fill out a request reform on their website.
How Edmonton State Bank Compares
- Chase Bank: Chase is one of the biggest banks in the U.S and offers just about almost everything. Compared to its other competitors, Chase offers much more checking account options.
- Discover Bank: Discover Bank is also an online nationwide bank that offers bonuses for their checking and savings accounts! You can earn cash back rewards when you open a checking account and generous bonuses for opening a savings one.
- Wells Fargo: Located throughout the US with over 5,800 branches and 13,000 ATMs. They offer a variety of deposits accounts, including accounts for teens and customers who need a second chance.
Overall, if you happen to live in Kentucky and aren’t looking for many options concerning savings accounts, then consider Edmonton State Bank.
They have a good variety of checking accounts if you prefer those, but the lack of savings accounts or options in general makes this bank a hard one to come by.
However, keep in mind that when you look for a checking or savings account be sure to look into all the fees charged. Don’t focus on the interest rate alone, but on what the account will cost you overall.
If Edmonton State Bank has the variety and options you’re looking for, apply today! For more options from a variety of banks, see our list of the best bank promotions!