Find for your favorite Best Rewards Checking Account (RCA) from your State. Here you can find track rates from over 100 banks and credit unions to come up.
If you are looking to earn some extra cash, then you might want to sign up for a Rewards Checking Account (RCA). A rewards checking account is an account that requires you to meet certain criteria in order to receive a higher-than-normal APR as compared to a savings account.
Best Reward Checking Accounts – Nationwide
|Bank or Credit Union||Account Type||APY||Maximum||Review|
|Consumers Credit Union||Free Rewards Checking||5.00%||$10,000||Review|
|Gesa Credit Union||SmartPlus Checking||5.00%||$5,000||Review|
|Elements Financial||High Interest Checking||4.00%||$20,000||Review|
|First United Credit Union||Rewards Checking||4.00%||$10,000||Review|
|Ideal Credit Union||High Yield Checking||4.00%||$20,000||Review|
|Signature Federal Credit Union||High Yield Checking||3.50%||$20,000||Review|
|Evansville Teachers FCU||Vertical Dividend Checking||3.30%||$20,000||Review|
|Bank of Missouri||Kasasa Cash Checking||3.05%||$15,000||Review|
|Tensas State Bank||Kasasa Cash Checking||3.05%||$10,000||Review|
|Market USA FCU||Platinum Tier Rewards Checking||3.01%||$15,000||Review|
|Security Bank of Crawford||Rewards Checking||3.00%||$15,000||Review|
|INOVA Federal Credit Union||Shield Checking||3.00%||$15,000||Review|
|Lake Michigan Credit Union||Max Checking||3.00%||$15,000||Review|
|Municipal Employees Credit Union||RewardChecking||3.00%||$10,000||Review|
|Porte Bank||High-Yield Savings||3.00%||$15,000||Review|
|R Bank||R Best Checking||3.00%||$10,000||Review|
|Security Bank of Crawford||Kasasa Cash Checking||3.00%||$15,000||Review|
|Sullivan Bank||Kasasa Cash Checking||3.00%||$10,000||Review|
Common Reward Checking Requirements
- Enroll in eStatements: Paper statements costs financial institutions a lot of money. They have a huge customer base, and each customers’ statements are multiple pages. By enrolling in eStatements, you are essentially saving some of the costs of the bank.
- Receive a monthly direct deposit: Banks want you to directly deposit your paycheck into their account. Doing this provides a constant flow of money into your account and ensures the bank that it is your primary account. In some cases, the direct deposit has to be a paycheck or a government benefit; however, an ACH transfer will sometimes trigger the requirement. Be sure to double-check the account details.
- Make a minimum number of debit card transactions: This requirement is another way to ensure that the direct deposited account is your primary account. Also, the bank earns a small processing fee wherever you use your card, so it is also a profit generating task.
One of the key differences between a RCA and a savings account is the limited balance that is required. Typically, RCAs have a maximum limit to how much you can deposit within the account; however, they have a higher APY – meaning that there is a higher interest rate associated with the account and more cash for you. On the other hand, good savings accounts’ interest rates stick around the 1.00% usually without a maximum limit on the account.
Below you will find a full list of our Best Rewards Checking Accounts. We will be continuously updating this page as much as we can to give you the best options possible.
Axos Bank Rewards Checking
Earn up to 1.25% APY with the Axos Bank Rewards Checking account while enjoying a suite of digital tools for smarter money management. This is banking, redefined.
• Use code HOLIDAY and apply by December 31st to earn a $150 bonus*!
• Zero monthly maintenance fees
• Zero overdraft or NSF fees
• Zero minimum monthly balance reqs
• Unlimited domestic ATM fee reimbursements
• Online debit card management
• Simple, 3-step process for direct deposit
• Only $50 to open an account