TD Bank is located on the East Coast with 1,300 locations offering low minimum balance requirements as well as extending banking hours with a 24/7 customer service by phone.
They offer different types of banking services depending on your needs – from personal checking to investment options like CDs.
Whereas, Wells Fargo is another well known bank with more than 5,400 locations offering 13,000 ATMs nationwide.
They offer a variety of checking account like Teen Checking or Opportunity Checking for those who have financial troubles.
Continue reading below to see a side-by-side comparison between the two banks, so you can see which one offers the services you need the most
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$200 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank||Wells Fargo|
|Locations||1300 locations along the east cost (Locator)||5,400 retail banking branches coast to coast. (Locator)|
|ATMs||1,300 ATMs throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida||More than 13,000 ATMs across the country.|
|Pros||-Extended banking hours
-Low requirements to waive monthly fees
-No foreign transaction fees
– Large ATM network
– Mobile app features
– 24/7 account monitoring
|Cons||-No free checking
-Only on East Coast
|– Make minimal interest
– Pay a fee for overdraft protection
|Bottom Line||TD Bank offers a variety of banking services that includes saving, checking, and CDs.||Wells Fargo offer nationwide access to ATMs and branch locations, offering unique features that your bank might not provide.|
TD Bank Promotions
With the TD Convenience CheckingSM Account:
• Earn $200 when you receive direct deposits totaling $500 or more within 60 days
• Low minimum daily balance of $100 waives the $15 monthly fee.
• Students and young adults ages 17 through 23 get additional perks like no minimum balance requirements and no monthly maintenance fee.
• Instantly replace a lost, stolen, or damaged debit card by visiting a TD Bank location near you
• Access accounts via Online Banking with Bill Pay, Online Statements, Send Money with Zelle and TD Bank Mobile Deposit. Plus, get 24/7 cash access at TD ATMs in the U.S. and Canada and around-the-clock Live Customer Service.
• TD checking accounts come with an instant-issue debit card - and, you can pay with confidence with contactless technology Visa Zero Liability protection and 24/7 fraud monitoring.
• Get a 0.25% discount on TD Bank Home Equity and Personal Loans.
Wells Fargo Promotions
Wells Fargo Credit Cards
Compare to Other Banks
- TD Bank vs Ally Bank
- TD Bank vs Citibank
- TD Bank vs PNC Bank
- TD Bank vs SunTrust Bank
- TD Bank vs Capital One
- TD Bank vs Bank of America
- TD Bank vs Regions Bank
- Wells Fargo vs US Bank
- Wells Fargo vs Bank of America
- Chase vs Wells Fargo
- HSBC Bank vs Wells Fargo
- Huntington Bank vs Wells Fargo
- SunTrust Bank vs Wells Fargo
- Capital One vs Wells Fargo
- BMO Harris Bank vs Wells Fargo
- Citibank vs Wells Fargo
- Bank of America vs Wells Fargo
Which Bank is Better: TD Bank or Wells Fargo?
- If you live in the near the East Coast, take advantage of the many accounts that TD Bank has to offer as well as the extended customer hours and easy online banking.
- Wells Fargo offers nationwide access to their accounts, if you’re looking for basic banking features their accounts are to go to.
For more variety of options, see our list of the best bank account bonuses & savings account offers.
More on TD Bank:
- What Are TD Bank’s Hours?
- TD Bank Routing Numbers By State
- How To Open a TD Bank Account
- How To Find and Use Your TD Bank Login
- TD Bank Review
More on Wells Fargo:
- Wells Fargo Hours: What Time Does Wells Fargo Close Today?
- Wells Fargo Routing Number
- How To Find and Use Your Wells Fargo Login
- Wells Fargo Review
Christopher good says
Evidently TD Bank can’t stop authorizing purchases on a checking account even after being notified the account has been breached. I sat with a banker watching purchases being authorized at TD Bank after filing a complaint that the ATM card had been stolen.
christopher good says
Be careful with TD Bank ATM cards. Even if you call to have your card stopped when it is stolen, TD Bank may not stop authorizing purchases even after a phone call notifying them the card has been stolen. This happened to me a to the tune of $10,000 which TD never replaced.