Current Discover It® cardholders will be excited to hear about the new additional 5% cashback bonus categories for the Third quarter of 2022.
Activation will be available starting on May 1st – log into your Discover account to remind yourself to activate your 3rd Quarter 5% cashback categories! Don’t forget to see our complete list of Discover Bank Promotions!
Discover It Card owners should also take note of the available cash back opportunities during the 2021 Third quarter. Make sure to register your card so you can save some money while improving your home and in wholesale.
Table of Contents
Discover 5% Cashback 2022 Q3 Categories
Earn 5% Cash Back on the following categories: Restaurants and PayPal
Terms: Activate to earn 5% Cashback Bonus at Restaurants and PayPal from 7/1/22 (or the date on which you activate 5%, whichever is later) through 9/30/22, on up to $1,500 in purchases. Restaurant purchases include those made at merchants classified as full-service restaurants, cafes, cafeterias, fast-food locations, and restaurant delivery services. PayPal eligible purchases are made through the PayPal wallet online, money transfers via PayPal using your card, and point-of-sale transactions using PayPal Here. Payments made through Xoom transfer services are not eligible for 5%. Using PayPal on restaurant purchases will only earn a total of 5%. PayPal and the PayPal logo are trademarks of PayPal or its Affiliates. Listed merchants are in no way sponsoring or affiliated with this program.
(Learn more at Discover)
Discover It 2022 5% Cashback Categories
Below are the cash back categories for 2022:
- January-March 2022: Grocery Stores & Fitness Clubs & Gym Memberships (Ends 3/31/2022)
- April-June 2022: Gas Stations and Target (Activation begins 2/1/2022)
- July-September 2022: Restaurants and PayPal (Activation begins 5/1/2022)
- October-December 2022: Amazon.com & Digital Wallets (Activation begins 8/1/2022)
Below are the cash back categories for 2021:
- January-March 2021: Grocery Stores, Walgreens and CVS (Ends 3/31/2021)
- April-June 2021: Gas Stations, Wholesale Clubs and Select Streaming Services (Activation begins 2/1/2021)
- July-September 2021: Restaurants and PayPal (Activation begins 5/1/2021)
- October-December 2021: Amazon.com, Walmart.com and Target.com (Activation begins 8/1/2021)
Below are 2020’s cash back categories:
- January-March 2020: Grocery Stores, Walgreens and CVS (Ends 3/31/2020)
- April-June 2020: Gas Stations, Uber, Lyft and Wholesale Clubs (Activation begins 2/1/2020)
- July-September 2020: Restaurants and Paypal (Activation begins 5/1/2020)
- October-December 2020: Amazon.com, Walmart.com and Target.com AND Best Buy (11/25/2020 through 12/31/2020)(Activation begins 8/1/2020)
To learn more about the remaining quarters, view the:
- Discover It First Quarter 5% Cash Back Categories
- Discover It Second Quarter 5% Cash Back Categories
- Discover It Fourth Quarter 5% Cash Back Categories
Other 5% Cash Back Card to Consider
The Chase Freedom FlexSM offers a $200 bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable APR of 17.99% - 26.74%.
• Earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate. Enjoy new 5% categories each quarter!
• 5% cash back on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards, our premier rewards program that lets you redeem rewards for cash back, travel, gift cards and more
• 3% cash back on drugstore purchases and dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery service
• Unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases
You cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open and there is no minimum to redeem for cash back.
This card has no annual fee.