Apple Bank offers a grand selection of unique account options. To find out if Apple Bank is right for you, continue reading the review below.
Their accounts are available to anyone and each of them varies in terms of opening deposits or balance requirements. You can even find some accounts that don’t require monthly fees or requirements at all.
Table of Contents
- 1 Checking Account Options
- 2 Compare Checking Accounts
- 3 Savings Account Options
- 4 Compare Savings Accounts
- 5 Money Market Account Options
- 6 Compare Money Market Accounts
- 7 CD Account Options
- 8 Compare CD Accounts
- 9 Reasons to Bank with Apple Bank
- 10 Reasons Not to Bank with Apple Bank
- 11 Apple Bank Routing Number
- 12 Contact Customer Service
- 13 How Apple Bank Compares
- 14 Bottom Line
Checking Account Options
Apple Bank offers a large selection checking accounts with varying opening deposits and balance requirements.
Their checking accounts come with the standard features that most accounts have.
This is a free checking account that can be opened with $100, but then there are no monthly fees nor minimum balance requirements.
You need a minimum deposit of $100 to open this account and it will start earning interest.
You can also waive the monthly $10 fee if you keep a daily balance of $1,000.
This is a high yield checking account that will yet again require $100 to open.
You can start earning high interest rates and avoid the $10 monthly fee by keeping a daily balance of $2,500.
A pretty standard checking account that only requires a small opening deposit of $10!
There are no minimum balance requirements, but there is a $3 monthly fee to maintain.
This checking account is available to students ages 14 to 25. You will still need an minimum deposit of $100 to open the account.
There are no minimum balance requirements nor monthly fees to worry about either, but this account does not earn interest.
Compare Checking Accounts
Open your Huntington 25 Checking account today and enjoy:
• $300 bonus by making cumulative new money deposits of at least $25,000 within 60 days of account opening. $500 will be deposited in your new account within 14 days of meeting requirements.
• 24-Hour Grace Overdraft Fee Relief. It is designed to give you more time to make a deposit in order to avoid an Overdraft Fee.
• Earn Interest on Balances. 0.05% Annual Percentage Yield applies to all balance tiers.
• Free ATM Withdrawals. They’ll waive all non-Huntington ATM cash withdrawal fees at any ATM and reimburse you for some withdrawal fees charged by another ATM owner.
• Waived Monthly Maintenance Fee
• Credit score and identity monitoring at no added cost
Savings Account Options
Apple Bank has a pretty large variety of savings accounts that all have varying opening deposits and minimum balance requirements.
There is practically an account for everyone.
This high yield savings account will require a $100 opening deposit.
Keeping a $2,500 daily balance not only starts earning you interest, but it also waives the monthly $10 fee.
A high, competitive interest bearing account that will need at least $2,500 to open.
Maintaining a daily balance of $2,500 also waives the monthly fee of $10.
A particular savings account that needs a minimum deposit of $100 to open.
Different from the others, this savings account needs only a daily balance of $250 balance to earn interest.
To waive the small monthly fee of $4, you can maintain a daily balance of $500.
This is a youth savings account, but it’s only available to those who are 6 – 17 years old.
You only need a $1 to open the account and you won’t have to worry about any monthly fees afterwards.
You will, however, need a daily balance of $5 to earn interest.
Set aside some money for the holidays and special occasions with this holiday savings account.
You only need an opening deposit of $5 and it will start earning interest.
There are also no monthly fees to worry about.
Compare Savings Accounts
With the CIT Bank Savings Builders account:
• Earn a top tier, competitive APY on your money—one of the top savings rates in the nation. Earn 0.40% APY on your funds - grow your savings faster.
• Build a habit of savings. Pay yourself first. Start with $100 per month and build your habit of savings-—all while getting a top rate.
• FDIC Insured
With the American Express® High Yield Savings Account:
• Earn 0.50% APY on your deposits. Your High Yield Savings account earns interest daily and is posted to your account monthly.
• Links easily with your current bank accounts. No need to switch banks.
• FDIC Insured. Your account is insured to at least $250,000 per depositor.
• 24/7 Account Access
Open a Discover Online Savings Account for all these features:
• Bonus offer applies for your first Discover Online Savings Account
• Earn $200/$150 Bonus with promo code HMB122 by 03/15/2022
• Fund your first savings account with at least of $25K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $200 Bonus
• Fund your first savings account with at least of $15K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $150 Bonus
• Earn high interest rate of 0.40% APY
• No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and now no fees
• Interest on Discover Online Savings Accounts is compounded daily and credited monthly
• Manage your account online or with the Discover mobile app
• FDIC insurance up to $250,000
See advertiser website for full details
Money Market Account Options
Money Market accounts allow for a higher yield and gives access to your funds with either checks or a bankcard.
Apple Bank has two money market accounts that earns competitive interest rates.
This high interest bearing money market account will need an opening deposit of $10,000.
The monthly $10 fee will be waived if you can maintain a daily balance of $10,000.
However, you actually need to deposit $25,000 to start earning interest.
This money market only needs an opening deposit of $100.
To earn interest and waive the $10 monthly fee, you will need to keep a daily balance of $2,500.
You can also link this money market to any of Apple Bank’s checking accounts to create a relationship account.
Compare Money Market Accounts
• Earn 0.25% APY with the Axos Bank High Yield Money Market
• FDIC Insured
• Check writing privileges
• No monthly maintenance fees
• No minimum balance requirements
• Debit card transactions
• Minimum Balance Required to Open the Account: $ 1000.00
• Get started and open a Discover Money Market Account in 3 easy steps.
• Available nationwide online
• Earn high yields with flexible access to your cash.
• Earn 0.45% APY balances $100,000 and over
• Earn 0.40% APY balances under $100,000
• Open with as little as $2,500.
• No hidden fees. No surprises.
• Easy cash access via debit or check, or via ATM at over 60,000 no-fee ATMs
With the CIT Bank Money Market Account, you can earn a competitive interest rate and access your money easily.
• Earn 0.45% APY on your funds
• One of the nation's top rates — several times the national average.
• Get up to 6 digital transfers/withdrawals per statement cycle
• Save smart and get more for your money
• Higher rates than traditional banks
• Get 24/7 Account Access
• Secure banking features
• Open with as little as $100
• FDIC insured
CD Account Options
Apple Bank offers CDs that earn really high, competitive interest rates. You can open each CD with $1,000.
These terms are available from 6 months to 5 years. To view rates and other information, click here.
The CDs will also automatically renew upon maturity.
Compare CD Accounts
• Available nationwide online, Discover offers CDs with some of the highest & most competitive rates! with select terms as short as 3 months up to 120 months
• Rates ranging from 0.20% APY up to 1.00% APY.
• Opening a Discover Bank Certificate of Deposit is extremely quick and easy.
• Funds on deposit are FDIC-insured up to the maximum allowed by law.
• Start today with a minimum deposit of $2,500!
• Get started and open a Discover CD in 3 easy steps.
• Available online nationwide
• Earn 0.30% APY on a 12-Month CD Term
• Earn up to 0.50% APY
• $1,000 minimum to open
• Selection of terms to meet your needs
• A range of choices. Low minimum deposits.
• No fees to open or maintain the account
• Available as Custodial
• Open a CIT Bank Certificate of Deposit Account today!
Reasons to Bank with Apple Bank
- They offer a great and large variety of both checking and savings accounts.
- Some of their checking accounts don’t require monthly fees or balance requirements.
- They have two money market accounts that earn competitive interest rates.
- Has decent and not too hard to maintain monthly fees or minimum balance requirements for some of their accounts.
- Offers a student checking account and a youth savings account (not available as a relationship account).
- Provides relationship checking when linked with a money market account.
- Has a holiday/vacation savings account that earns interest for a low opening deposit.
- Their savings and money market accounts earn a pretty high APY.
- Conduct all your banking online or with the Apple Bank mobile app.
Reasons Not to Bank with Apple Bank
- They are only located in New York with a total of 80 physical branches.
- Their premium money market account requires a pretty high opening deposit and minimum balance requirement.
- Their student checking account does not earn interest even though it’s for high school and college students.
- Doesn’t have a 24-hour telephone banking line.
- Doesn’t have a specific senior checking or savings account.
Apple Bank Routing Number
The routing number for Apple Bank is 226070584.
Contact Customer Service
You can reach Apple Bank at 914-902-2775.
To speak to a customer representative, their business hours are:
- Monday to Friday at 8:30 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. (EST)
- Saturday and Sunday at 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. (EST)
How Apple Bank Compares
- Chase Bank: Chase is one of the biggest banks in the U.S and offers just about almost everything. Compared to its other competitors, Chase offers much more checking account options.
- Discover Bank: Discover Bank is also an online nationwide bank that offers bonuses for their checking and savings accounts! You can earn cash back rewards when you open a checking account and generous bonuses for opening a savings one.
- Valley National Bank: Also located in New York, they offer pretty similar account options to Apple Bank but have a better variety of savings accounts, though the rates are comparable. VNB has various account options but pride themselves in high CD rates as well.
- Wells Fargo: Located throughout the US with over 5,800 branches and 13,000 ATMs. They offer a variety of deposits accounts, including accounts for teens and customers who need a second chance.
If you live in New York and are looking for a variety of checking or savings account that earns high interest rates, then Apple Bank has those exact options.
They offer an account for almost anyone, the only specific account they don’t offer is a senior checking or savings account, but all their accounts are eligible for all ages unless stated otherwise.
All their savings account that earns pretty competitive rates (also because it is New York), but if you can meet the minimum balance requirements, they are worth investing in.
However, keep in mind that when you look for a checking or savings account be sure to look into all the fees charged. Don’t focus on the interest rate alone, but on what the account will cost you overall.
If you are interested in checking out other banks in the New York area, click here.
If Apple Bank has the variety and options you’re looking for, apply today! For more options from a variety of banks, see our list of the best bank promotions!